Welcome to my blogs, Thanks for the visit!

Peer Review for Pod #6

photo: https://redlink.com/challenges-in-peer-review/

To access the Pod #6 Google Doc: Click here

Overview:

Hello there, Abdullah, Ehtesham, Lai, Samara, and Cy. Thank you for submitting your interactive learning resource draft about “Stress in the Workplace and its Management Techniques.” I truly appreciate the topic you picked since stress management is critical in the workplace. When I was doing the Co-op, work was difficult and stressful sometimes, and it was vital to handle the tension. In the following sections, I will try to provide any feedback that I have following the structure you have created in your draft.

Description and Rationale:

I loved how you explained why it is important to create a learning resource regarding workplace stress management topic. However, correct me if I’m wrong, but I couldn’t locate the description and rationale for the learning theory (whether it’s behaviourism, cognitivism, or constructivism) and the learning design (whether it’s inquiry, project-based, direct teaching, etc) on which your resource will be based. I think It will be useful to provide a learning theory and learning design that will be based on your resource, as well as explain why you choose that theory and design.

Learning Context:

The resource appears to be lacking context on the specific audience being targeted; I couldn’t establish the particular age or demographic it was aimed towards. Perhaps targeting a specialised demographic would be preferable, as the working class is vast and cannot be targeted everyone at once. Knowing your audience helps you decide what information to include, how to arrange that information, and what type of supporting elements are required for the reader to grasp what you are presenting.

Learning Outcome:

I appreciated the important questions you presented. However, I believe it is critical to explicitly explain the Learning Outcomes since the Learning Outcome declarations define what students are supposed to know, accomplish, and value as a result of the learning. They direct the development of instructional techniques, resources, learning activities, and assessments. They also assist students decide what and how to study throughout the course.

Interactive Activities:

The various interactive activities available in the resource are amazing. For example, I loved the thought of employing a concept map activity since it helps students to see the broad picture and visualise interconnections while also developing higher cognitive skills.

Assessment Plan:

Both formative and summative assessment plans given in resource are incredibly useful and impactful as they drive students to focus, learn and improve .I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to design these activities.

Diverse Inclusion:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I couldn’t identify anything in the recourse regarding your approach for inclusion in the context, such as colour blindness, English language learner (ELL), or hearing loss. I believe it is critical to consider varied inclusion because it benefits both students with learning differences and students who do not have learning differences by making them more aware, tolerant, and understanding of one another.

Technology Choices Rationale:

I’m not sure if you offered any specific technologies that will be employed during this course and the rationale for selecting them, but I believe it will be extremely important to highlight in the resource so that students are aware of it.

Presentation:

Overall, the learning resource looks pretty good considering it to be a draft and not complete. However, I would suggest incorporating different formats and visuals rather than just relying on paragraphs. In addition, I would recommend utilizing online tools such as Notion to present your recourse as it allows you to have numerous formats and add new visuals.

Conclusion

I particularly appreciate the topic you chose as well as the learning resource you developed. You did an excellent job connecting all of the information and developing all of the activities. I believe your learning resource is nearly complete and only requires a few more details to be perfect. Excellent work, and I eagerly await your final version.

1. ms25

Hi Abdul,

I really enjoyed your in depth peer review for Pod 6. You made some very useful suggestions and explained very well what was missing from the resource and how to fix/ improve on the material. After reading your peer review, I will definitely be incorporating some of these suggestions for future peer reviews.