Welcome to my blogs, Thanks for the visit!

Blog Post #5: PLN In Education

Photo by Pixabay: https://www.pexels.com/photo/close-up-photography-of-yellow-green-
red-and-brown-plastic-cones-on-white-lined-surface-163064/

” The themes of a PLN in a professional capacity.”

Through PLNs, people can more easily access a wide variety of educational resources, professionals and points of view related to the subjects they are interested in. They can network with experts, share ideas, get knowledge from them, and improve thanks to it. People can communicate with a supportive community through PLNs in order to advance their careers.

Consider which social media platforms are beneficial in education.

Social media has enhanced our ability to exchange knowledge in both personal and professional contexts as well as how we learn. There are several social media platforms that may enhance educational teaching, and they each provide various helpful capabilities. Some of the most beneficial ones include the following:

• Youtube. I would say this is the most important one as this platform provides free educational recourses that assist a lot of students. I always use Youtube to learn more and understand school materials. Instructors also provide youtube links for students so to watch and learn more.
  • Free online learning sites like Coursera, edX, and Khan Academy enable students to take a variety of courses without paying a penny. These platforms are used by many students to increase their knowledge.
  • Twitter and Wordress. these two platforms are also very important as they can be used to share ideas and posts to discuss with others.

When working with the vulnerable sector, how does social media fit into professionalism and regulations?

Social media offers several benefits that make it necessary to use it even though it can present risks like hacking and scamming. It lets educators to provide important resources and support to students while following regulations.To ensure that social media is a safe space for everyone to express their thoughts, students should act professionally and with respect in all of their interactions there.

1. fritzpetersen

Very well said, Abashir. When thinking of educational platforms, you brought up Khan Academy, a free-to-use platform that I have used many times over the years. This is a great platform that I forgot to include in my own blog post. It is excellent to see media companies offering such a great free resource to help educate individuals. When I look at a current course I am in now, such as STATS 252, I think it would be really useful if professors advised/reminded students of how helpful these platforms can be to help further boost students’ skills and knowledge after class hours.